Friday, March 14, 2008

From Utah to Asia

I have been very busy with meetings this year. As a matter of fact, I will be leaving Fort Myers in just a few minutes for West Virginia. I have been in Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Florida, Louisiana, Japan, and Korea, reporting back to churches. The meetings have all been going great. The family and I are anxious to get back on the field. We still have some more support to raise, but we are confident we will be back in Papua New Guinea by the end of June or first week of July. My last meeting is the second Sunday of June.



Here are some pics from my previous meetings.

This photo is taken from the Haven Baptist church in Kunsan Korea. I am sitting between Bill and Linda Stewart, missionaries in Kunsan for over 30 years. The work there is geared to the U.S. Military. The Air Force base there is a remote assignment so the military can not bring their families. The airmen are assigned for one year at this base. This work has a new congregation every year! I was assigned there from 1994 to 1995. The Lord used the Haven in a great way in my life.







This photo is of Adam Wyrick, a missionary in Korea. He has a Korean work and is doing a great job.

This photo is from Kunsan AB. I was having lunch with Bro Stewart and some of the men who attend the Haven.

This photo is taken from Berean Baptist church in Ogden Utah. Pastor Mallinak is to the far left. Every year, this church does a theme from a missionary in the past for their conference. This year the theme was David Brainard. When they pick the theme, they also pick the garb out from that time frame and all the missionaries, as well as Pastor Mallinak, wear it. It is a good conference and alot of fun.




This is my former pastor and his wife, Willie and Patricia Byrd. He is pastor of Berean Independent Baptist Church in Alamogordo NM. I was a member there from 1991 to 1994. I enjoyed preaching and reporting back there and seeing old friends.

4 comments:

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

It's good to hear that your meetings are going so well. I will certainly pray for you. Be sure to let me know if you line up any meetings near Washington DC. I would come to hear you speak if you do. God bless you.

Terry McGovern said...

Bro Nicholas,

I will let you know if I am in the area. There is a supporting church of mine in the area and it is a great church. It is Heritage Baptist, pastored by Mike edwards. The church is located in woodbridge Va. I will not be there though before going back to the field.

Gabrielle S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry McGovern said...

Gabby,

You can mail packages to this address:
Missionary Terry McGovern
PO Box 06
Namatanai NIP 633
Papua New Guinea

Packages will take 4 to 5 weeks airmail, and 8 to 9 months book rate. We should be back on the field by the first week of July. I apprecaite you thinking of us.

Thanks!